Sure you can plop down on your sofa in your living room and watch a movie on your new flat panel screen and be content, but for a truly unique, cinematic experience consider dedicating a room to family entertainment and home theater. How do you achieve a home movie theater feel in your home? The addition of home theater accessories can have a dramatic impact on the look and feel of your home theater.
The following home theater accessory ideas can easily help transform a room from a lifeless family room into an exciting room that your kids will want to show off to their friends.
- Home theater seating – Dedicated home theater seating has rapidly increased in popularity over the past few years as home owners want to experience the ultimate in home theater comfort. Home theater seating typically comes in two varieties, home theater loungers and movie theater seating. Home theater loungers are designed with a premium on comfort with overstuffed leather reclining chairs with many options. Movie theater seating on the other hand is designed to replicate seating found at the local cinema. Both options will include standard items such as cup holders. Child size versions of home theater seating is also available.
- Custom framed movie posters – One of the easiest ways to decorate your room with a movie theater theme is to add movie posters to the walls of your room. You can choose from thousands of different movies to accentuate the theme of your room. One popular choice is classic movie posters for an old fashioned, nostalgic feel, but choose what works best for you. Do you have a science fiction theme, a western theme, or a kids theme? You could easily decorate for any of these themes with custom framed posters. Another popular choice is to have a now showing poster with the movie that you will be showing.
- Home theater lighting – There are a number of lighting options that are ideal for today’s home movie theaters. Imagine the look on your guests face when at the touch of a button on your remote control, the overhead lights slowly dim until the only lights left are the custom made, theater wall sconce lights and rope lighting dimmed to create the perfect ambience for the movie. At the conclusion of the movie the overhead lighting again gradually is turned on at the touch of a button.
- Custom movie introductions – Another popular choice for those really trying to create a movie theater like experience is to have a custom movie introduction made for your home theater. Typical intros have the name of your theater, a variety of nostalgic soda and food commercials, movie trivia and previews. All of this would be programmed into your system so that it would be playing while your guests are milling around finding their seats.
- Popcorn machine – Your theater experience would not be complete without the sound and aroma of fresh buttered popcorn popping in a nostalgic popcorn popper. Kids of all ages enjoy freshly popped popcorn. Popcorn machines come in all shapes, sizes and price ranges. Sure you could just pop a bag in the microwave, but a popcorn popper is one of the home theater accessories that will make your home theater unique and enjoyable.
As you can see there are many home theater accessories that will make your room fun and unique. A truly unique and impressive home theater will immerse your guests in a comfortable movie theater like atmosphere.