So you got your new widescreen tv, your new speaker system, and brand new HD-DVD or Blu-ray player. You are ready to transform your basement into a home theater room that you and your family can enjoy. What could possibly be missing? Have you considered dedicated home theater seating?
The addition of home theater seating will transform your normal family room into a home theater paradise. The following questions will help you make wise decisions in choosing seating.
1. Do I want a home theater lounger or a classic movie theater seat? – An overstuffed home theater lounger will provide the ultimate in class and comfort with a variety of different options while a movie theater seat will more closely replicate the local movie theater seating and will take less space then a lounger.
2. How much space do I have available? – Make sure to measure your available space and then compare various seating layouts. Home theater seating typically comes in sets of 2, 3 or 4 with or without a love seat configuration. If space is an issue consider the wall hugger feature which allows the chair to recline with very little space needed behind the chair.
3. How much am I willing to spend? – There is a wide variety of options that will affect the cost of home theater seating which can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars.
4. Do I want a manual or powered recliner? – A powered recliner will allow you complete control over your recliner similar to the power controls of a car seat.
5. Do I want a bass shaker? – Adding a bass shaker to your seating will allow you to feel the deep bass for a truly memorable movie experience.
6. What color and type of fabric do you want? – Home theater seating is available in a wide variety of colors and fabrics with leather and micro fiber being the most popular.
7. What are the kids going to sit on? – While the kids can certainly sit on whatever home theater seating options you choose for yourself, you might want to consider dedicated child loungers or themed recliners to give them a personalized seat for the movies, while saving a few bucks over the more expensive home theater seats.
8. Can I consider shopping online? – While the thought of purchasing online can be a bit daunting, with a little research you can save significant amounts of money without sacrificing quality or choices by ordering online.
As you can see there are a lot of things to consider when adding home theater seating. By the time you answer these questions, your next question might be why did I wait so long to add dedicated home theater seating?