The arrangement of the furniture in home will influence the nature of décor. It also determines accessibility and functionality of furniture piece. Planning ahead can escape from untidy arrangements. Though the arrangement varies from room to room, but there are a few points which are common to all rooms. I am using this space to share my ideas on furniture arrangement which might be helpful for everyone.
Living Room furniture
The living room is considered as the face of the home as it greets guests. Most of the households spend their time in the living room. So there has to be lively environment. Before making a move, identify the focal point and purpose of the room which is generally a directing point towards a TV (or) a gathering table. Living Room furniture includes Sofas, Recliners, TV Stands, Coffee tables, Sectionals, Ottomans, Side chairs, and so on. To arrange them in a user-friendly manner is not a big issue if you have a blue print of the Living room where the furniture has to be arranged.
- Generally, the sofa or chair is placed pointing towards a TV. The reference height and the profile of the household should be taken into consideration. Make sure that the seating spot should be accessible from any part of the room.
- If the room has an uneven contour, then use Sectionals which serve a great purpose. They can be placed beside the sofa to add some guest space.
- Contemporary TV stands come with multiple shelves. To use them effectively, calculate the clearance space and arrange the furniture. If you are running out of space, then choose a corner TV stand.
- Ottomans are generally placed in front of chairs and recliners. There should be space coordination between Recliner and Ottoman. For space constrained environments, choose an Ottoman which can also be used as a Coffee table.
- Console Tables are generally placed against the wall and are versatile. Placing a Console table near the sofa will help occupants to reach out easily.
- Side chairs should complement and supplement the existing décor. Over and above, furniture should not become a hindrance to the room’s passage.
The bedroom is the place where one tends to relax and quench their stress. The room should be welcoming and dweller-friendly. Before starting the bedroom arrangement, calculate the dimensions of the room to avoid post purchase hiccups.
- Generally, bedrooms are connected with bathrooms. To avoid shower sounds and water splashes, place the bed perpendicular to the bathroom’s entrance.
- Armoires have been part of the bedroom furniture for centuries. They are used to store precious things and jewelry. Place the Armoire in such a way that it should be approachable.
- Nightstands are versatile furniture which can hold bed lamps and drinks. Nightstands are generally placed beside the bed.The height of the stand and the bed should go hand in hand.
Leave enough space on all sides such that the bed should form the center part of the room.
To conclude, arrange the furniture in such a way that the residents should feel happy and comfortable. Shop Living room furniture after considering the dimensions of the Living room and the same applies to Bedroom furniture.
Source by John Smith